[GPSCC-chat] Junior State ealy April

Brian snug.bug at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 18 16:52:17 PST 2014

I recommend this to everybody on the highest terms.   The kids are all dressed up in their best clothes and all modeling their best candidate-to-change-the-world presentation.  And of course they all believe in democracy.  They're open-minded, and they LOVE seeing how the button machine can transform a drab inkjet printout into a beautiful shiny button.  It's a real gas.

April 4th will be the anniversary of Martin Luthert King's landmark Riverside speech 4/4/67, and also of his murder 4/4/68.  I would love to participate at the table in terms of publicizing the Riverside speech with handouts.   Working toward publicizing Dr. King's speech on the anniversary in 2017 is probably one of the most productive things progressives can do, IMHO.

I'm inclined to doubt that it would be appropriate in the Junior State context to go deeper, into the evidence that on 4/4/68 someone other than James Earl Ray killed Dr. King.

CCed to Mrs. Brouillet 'cause she's demonstrated that she's real good with kids and I'm not sure she's still subscribed to this list.