[GPSCC-chat] Two days to stand up for Net Neutrality

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Sun Jul 13 09:56:01 PDT 2014

Hello, All:

       The initial comment period will close Tuesday, July 15, on a
proposed FCC rule to kill net neutrality by allowing broadband providers
to charge web sites for distributing their content at a reasonable
speed.[*]

       If you are concerned about this, please take the time (if you
haven't already) to add your name to the list of opponents of the new
rule, as described on
"https://www.accessnow.org/page/m/3717ced5/13a5a418/704f5363/1de21aeb/1327322874/VEsC/".
Use their form to send an email using either their canned message or one
you compose.  My version appears below.

       I believe this is a threat to democracy, to world peace, and to
the prosperity of the bottom 99 percent.  The mainstream commercial
media has all but eliminated investigative journalism from television:
It threatens the ability of their advertisers to get favors from
government, increasing the wealth of those with power while
impoverishing everyone else.  It is now known that Saddam Hussein did
NOT have weapons of mass destruction in 2003, and the media fired
journalists and television personalities to prevent the public from
hearing from those claiming he didn't.

       Best Wishes,
       Spencer

p.s.  I recently uploaded a 60-second video to YouTube asked we
"Restrict secrecy more than data collection"
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV8mHfu3mDw). It mentions a blog at
"sanjosepeace.wordpress.com", which I am currently revising.  Please let
me know if you'd like to review my draft before I publish it.

MY EMAIL TO THE FCC

Please support net neutrality.  Broadband is a telecommunications
service.  However, I've heard that a proposed FCC rule would deny that
for the purposes of Title II of the Telecommunications Act.

A vote against net neutrality is a vote against democracy and for the
ability of the mainstream media to stampede the public into war on
fraudulent grounds, as occurred with the US invasion of Iraq in 2003 and
support further increases in inequality of income and wealth.  Thomas
Piketty says this will further destabilize the international political
economy.  I believe he is correct.

Please support democracy and world peace by supporting net neutrality.