[GPSCC-chat] Fw: Fw: Governor Brown and Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu to Meet in Mountain View Next Week

John Thielking pagesincolor at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 2 19:26:38 PST 2014

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Donna Wallach <palestineis at dslextreme.com>
To: John Thielking <pagesincolor at yahoo.com>
Cc: Greens Discussion List <sosfbay-discuss at cagreens.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 2, 2014 6:57 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: Governor Brown and Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu to Meet in Mountain View Next Week

John,

Please forward this on to the Green Party. David Ledesma and I discussed this today when we went to look at the area of the museum. We think that since they are asking the press to arrive by 7:30am that the area of the museum will be closed off tot he general population.

David will send out an announcement to me this evening, which I will forward out to my lists and he will forward out to his lists. Please, if  you haven't read it, read the entire email from Governor Brown's office, in which he states the   business he wants to turn over to Israel for free.

David and I are planning to arrive to the museum by 7:30am.

thanks
Donna

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 5:44 PM, John Thielking <pagesincolor at yahoo.com> wrote:

Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu and Governor Brown will be meeting in Mountain View this Wednesday March 5, 2014.  Some groups in the Bay Area are planning an unwelcoming party. It is suggested that protesters show up at 9:30AM.  Anyone on this list is welcome to join them on Wednesday and/or call in to the conference call tonight (Sunday March 2) at 8PM Pacific Time. See the e-mails below for details.

>When:Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. Reporters must check in before 7:30 a.m.Where:Computer History Museum, Hahn Auditorium, 1401 North Shoreline Blvd., Mountain View, CA 94043
>

>Thanks.
>

>Sincerely,
>

>John Thielking
>

>**********************************************Hi Ren and Maureen,
>

>People in the East Bay have called for this phone conference call tonight.
Some of us in the South Bay already have plans, so hopefully this call
will be so that the people from Berkeley, S.F., Oakland and other places in the East Bay will go along with our lead.

>Donna

arranging demonstrations, but might be a good idea!

>>From: "Governor's Press Office" <govpressoffice at gov.ca.gov>
>>Date: February 28, 2014 1:47:13 PM PST
>>Subject: Governor Brown and Israeli Prime
Minister Netanyahu to Meet in Mountain View Next Week

>>View this email in a web browser     |     Forward to a friend
>>

>>MEDIA ADVISORY: Contact: Governor's Press Office
>>Friday, February 28, 2014 (916) 445-4571
>>Governor Brown and Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu to Meet in Mountain View Next Week
>>MOUNTAIN VIEW – Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will meet next week in the heart of the Silicon Valley to sign a historic agreement that expands California's partnership with Israel on economic development, research and trade.
>>
>>When:Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. Reporters must check in before 7:30 a.m.
>>Where:Computer History Museum, Hahn Auditorium, 1401 North Shoreline Blvd., Mountain View, CA 94043
>>
>>**NOTE: This event is open to credentialed media only. Reporters interested in attending must RSVP to Danella Debel, Office of the Governor, at Danella.Debel at gov.ca.gov by Monday, March 3, 2014 at 12:00 p.m. Media must check in before 7:30 a.m. the day of the event.
>>
>>The agreement will boost economic, cultural and academic cooperation between California and Israel, with an emphasis on water conservation, alternative energy, cybersecurity, health and biotechnology, education and agricultural technology.
>>
>>The agreement will also enable Israeli companies to access California's Innovation Hubs (iHUB), an innovation network that includes 16 clusters of research parks, technology incubators, universities and federal laboratories, together with economic development organizations, business groups and venture capital funds.
>>
>>  ###
>>Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr.
>>State Capitol Building
>>Sacramento, CA 95814
>>
>>Forward View in Browser

*****
You have been listed as a primary contact for a US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation member group.  If you have any questions or concerns about the regional listservs, or feel you have been added by mistake, please contact membership at endtheoccupation.org.

--
"Nobody in the world, nobody in history,has ever gotten their freedom by appealing to the moral sense of the people who were oppressing them."
Assata Shakur