[GPSCC-chat] Green meeting March 27, 2014, minutes

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Thu Mar 27 22:11:29 PDT 2014

(Please "reply to all" with any addition / correction)

On 3/27/2014 11:29 AM, WB4D23 at aol.com wrote:

> *G**REENPARTYOF SANTACLARACOUNTY*
>
> DraftAgendaforMonthlyGeneralMeetingMarch 27,2014
>
> San JosePeaceandJusticeCenter,48South7thStreet,San Jose,CA (Between
> Santa ClaraandSan Fernando Streets)
>
> 7:00pm -- Speaker:Richard Hobbs/Santa Clara County Move to Amend

Rob Means:

Build Democracy, End Corporate Rule (BDECR = PAC to support this) in
Santa Clara County = group supporting a local MTA initiative.

       To put anything on the county-wide ballot:  $1.25 per registered
voter.

       Target = 51,000.  At the end of this weekend, we'll have over 2,000.

       Deadline = May 15.  (started in December.)

Other events:

3/28, Friday, film screening of Cesar Chavez movie at Tech Museum in San
Jose
3/28, Friday, 10:30am, public meeting with Anna Eschoo at Campbell
Community Center, 1 W. Campbell Ave
3/30, Sunday, 2:00pm, film screening of Inequality for All at S. J.
Peach & Justice Center, 48 S. 7th St., San Jose
4/5, Saturday, 6:00pm, COPE/Richard Trumka at S. J. Convention Center,
150 West San Carlos, San Jose
4/9, Wednesday, 7:00pm, Richmond Mayor Gayle Mclaughlin, Laborers Local
270, 509 Emory St., San Jose
4/10, Thursday, 8:00pm, Hillary Clinton at San Jose Event Center, SJSU,
One Washington Square, San Jose
4/26, Saturday, Michael Eggman,

> 7:30pm -- Beginmeeting -- Select
>

> Facilitator: Tian
>

> ,Note taker:  Spencer
>

> ,Time keeper:  Sandy
>

> ,andVibes watcher(s)
>

> ;SelectAgendaPreparerfor next meeting;  Sandy
>

> Affirmor modifydraftagenda(5 Minutes)
>
> IntroductionsandAnnouncements(10Minutes)

Tian Harter

Sandy Perry

Spencer Graves

Blair:

Warner Bloomberg:

John Jensen

> Announcement:The next GPCA General Assembly of Delegates (Plenary)
> will be in Santa Barbara. CA Saturday-Sunday June 21-22, 2014
>

> Treasurer'sReport-- JimDoyle(5 minutes)

balance:  $1,004.18

passed hat:  collected $18.

> Report on status of P. O. Box -- Continued from February meeting --
> Andrea Dorey
>
> (5 minutes)

       PO Box 611083, San Jose, CA 95161.

> Report on March De Anza Community College political organizing
> workshop -- Drew Johnson and Sandy Perry (10Minutes)

Sandy:  We had a workshop LEAD conference March 11, Latino Empowerment.
Conference on global climate workshop.  Had a workshop on Syria.
Workshop on eco-feminism.  Arranging for Angela Davis to speak May 12.

> Status Report regarding internal GPCA elections for County Council --
> Warner Bloomberg(1 minute) -- Sanda Everette reports that the GPCA
> Coordinating Committee has a plan that will be disclosed as part of
> the Plenary Agenda packet

No action will be taken until after the General Assembly in Santa
Barbara in June.

> Discussion re student interns -- Spencer Graves (15 minutes)

Referred to Sandy, who tried to contact the woman, who has not yet
responded.

> Request for GPSCC web page update to show GPCA June 3^rd Primary
> Election candidates (primarily statewide office candidates), plus GPUS
> Presidential candidates and positions; plus current GPCA officeholders
> -- Jim Doyle (10 Minutes)

Warner sent me an email with information, which I can include on the web
page.

> Health Care Committee Report -- Andrew Health Fair scheduled for April
> 12^th -- Sandy Pery (10Minutes)

       Work with Caroline:  We can speak if we have a speaker.  Caroline
will not be there. Sandy will be doing something else.  We need a
speaker.  Large event, ~ 500 people.  Caroline will table.

       Obamacare is fraying.  It's a reasonable time to talk about
single payer.

       Even if we get it passed by the legislature and signed by a
governor ... .

> Environment Committee Report --Global Convergence scheduled for De
> Anza Community College April 22^nd to May 1^st -- Drew Johnson and
> Sandy Perry (10 Minutes)

       Global climate convergence -- to bring together environmental
with economic justice movements.

       Shamako will help.  Earth day together with their environmental
sustainability.  Cultural day April 30.  Organize a stop deportations day.

       National party:  Series of events in Philadelphia.

       Are the state party or national party media groups involved?
Answer:  We're doing something here, but not coordinated with the state
party.

> Discussionofstatusoftablingsupplies-- (10 Minutes)

Spencer to ask Trent if we could make buttons "Big money / Big Ideas:
Which side are you on"? We can make buttons for them ... .

> "Silent Running" as a film proposal -- Caroline Yacoub (5)
>
> Plan forTabling-- Need to identify event coordinators -- (15Minutes)

       Contact Caroline if interested.

> Junior StatesmanSaturday April 5^th afternoon
>
> Gayle McLaughlin (Richmond Mayor) speech Wednesday April 9^th evening
> (endorsed by GPSCC County Council)
>
> Earth Day -- April 22^nd Santa Clara University; April ?? San Jose
> State University
>
> Others?

Someone needs to contact Santa Clara U. and SJSU.  Contact Jim Doyle to
see if he has information, then make appropriate contacts.  Tian can't
do it by himself.  Warner might be available, but can't organize it.

Topographic map:  John Jensen (5 minutes)

       map with lines of constant elevation.  100 meter sea level rise:
Sacramento = salt water port.

> (2HoursEstimatedCumulativeTimes.Goal:Adjournby 9:30pm)
>
> ###

Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Technology Officer
751 Emerson Ct.