[GPSCC-chat] GPCA General Assembly in San Jose during US Social Forum

Mike Feinstein mfeinstein at feinstein.org
Wed Nov 19 18:48:54 PST 2014

Dear Santa Clara County Greens

The GPCA CC is talking about having the June GPCA General Assembly in San Jose during the time of the US Social Forum next year (June 24-27, 2015), like the GPUS did in 2010 when it held its Annual Nat'l Meeting in Detroit during the U.S. Social Forum there that year (Warner was there)

The idea would be that we'd take care of some internal business at the GA like the GPCA FY 2015-2016 budget and breakout sessions for our committees and working groups, but otherwise have Greens be in town to attend the Social Forum events/workshops, and maybe even put on some of our own there about independent/alternative party organizing.

For the GA, we would probably want a venue for the budget on Saturday, but otherwise possibly direct our members to various workshops at the Social Forum.  Still to be determined how we'd break it down for meeting times.

What are your thoughts on this possibility?

Mike

PS - I'm copying Oakland Green Shamako Noble, who is actively involved in organizing the Social Forum in San Jose.