[GPSCC-chat] Backup Treasurer on Agenda for Nov. 20

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Sat Oct 25 14:54:04 PDT 2014

Hello, All:

	  Volunteers are sought to serve on the County Council and as Backup
Treasurer.  This will be discussed at the next meeting, November 20.

	  We currently have one volunteer for Backup Treasurer:  me.  However,
the County Council felt we should invite other volunteers and submit
this decision to a vote at the next monthly meeting, currently scheduled
for Nov. 20.  (Section 2.1.2 of our bylaws say that the County "Council
shall select a secretary and a treasurer from among its members, or may
ratify the selection of these officers made at a General County
Meeting."  "www.cagreens.org/santaclara/bylaws.shtml")

	  Best Wishes,
	  Spencer

####################
(Please post additions, corrections to the minutes to the full list, as
usual.)

On 10/23/2014 6:00 PM, Jim Doyle wrote:

> October 2014 GPSCC AGENDA
>
> GREEN PARTY OF SANTA CLARA COUNTY
>
> Meeting agenda for Thursday October 23, 2014
>

> 7:00 pm Speaker: Brian Haberly of 350.org fracking committee: Palo
> Alto fracking moratorium

       Brian Haberly:  A state anti-fracking bill stalled after passing
~3 committees.  3 votes shy of passage in the CA Senate. Decided to
build momentum.  Initiatives in 3 counties.  Like to get resolutions in
various cities, e.g., Palo Alto.

       Joel Masser (joelmasser at hotmail.com):  The Dean Democratic Club
has an environmental committee that might support this.

       Contact Peter Drekmeier, former Palo Alto Mayor and strong
supporter of environmental issues.

       Brian is available to speak, e.g., at De Anza.

       brianhaberly at gmail.com.  On the coordinating committee for the
local chapter of 350.org ...  ( + Sierra Club?)

       Bob Sigala in the Latino community in Gilroy.

       Endorsed.

       Jim will contact Fran Salisbury of 350 to confirm that we have
endorsed.

> 7:30 pm Select Facilitator:  Sandy

> , Notetaker:  Spencer

> , Timekeeper: Caroline

> , Vibes Watcher: Tian

> , Agenda Preparer for next meeting:  Tian (Sandy will print).

> Introductions and Announcements approximately 5 min (10 min if guests
> are present)

Caroline Yacoub.

Jim Doyle,

Spencer Graves

Drew Johnson:  Nov. 14-15 at DeAnza:  Community Organizing Training by
usstudents.org (2 days, Fr + Sa).   Don't have to be a student.

Tian Harter:

Joel Masser, lives in San José, reg. Democrat.  Dean Democratic Club.

Sandy Perry:  joined the Greens in 2012.

> Agenda revisions 5 – 10 min
>
> Treasurer’s report Jim D 2 min:  last time - $35 for the phone bill.
>
> Meeting dates – November 20 and December 18
>
> Health Care focus item:

Caroline:  Nov. 7 Downtown Health Fair.  Caroline will not be available.
  leaves town Tuesday, Oct. 28.  We need someone at that Health Fair.

Spencer to make a formal proposal on the economics of health care to
appear on next month's agenda.  [some thought should be given to other
arguments.]

> Climate Change focus item

       Caroline has been to 2 climate change meetings in the past week.
  One was the anti-fracking initiative in Palo Alto.  The other is to
try to get letters to the EPA by Dec. 1, because that's when they are
scheduled to consider ...

> GOTV

       Get out the vote:

       Yes on 47.  Sam Licardo opposed to it.  City council split 5-5,
then agreed to take no position.

       Yes on 45:  tighten control of insurance rates.

       No on 1 = Jerry Brown's water initiative.

       No on 2. Jerry Brown's to increase the rainy day fund.

> Tabling
>
> health fair fri nov 7:  Caroline will send a paragraph to Tian and /
> or Drew for Facebook.  (Green Party of Santa Clara Council)

> armistice day tue nov 11: From Veterans for Peace:  Tuesday, 11th at
> 11 AM.  4th and Santa Clara.

> junior state sat nov 15:  Caroline + Tian + maybe Jim.

> Holiday Peace Fair sat Dec 6

       ** Had run out of swag.  Caroline needs help making swag. (Lucia
of DeAnza Greens was attracted by the painted rocks.)

> Web Site

> Paypal make donation button visible:  We have a Paypal button but it's
> not on the front page. Drew to look into alternatives and maybe bring
> a proposal to the December of January meeting.

> Meeting Date make automatic:  Jim will look into it and report back by
> our December meeting.

> Blog start one:  Use Wordpress.com with a link from
> cagreens.org/sclara.  Jim will look at Wordpress.com for our blog.

> Items to be put on our website and facebook page. (Caroline)

       Needs to put something on about the Peace Fair.  Caroline to send
material to Jim or Spencer for posting plus Tian for Facebook.

       Need a mission statement on the top of the web site.  ***

> Volunteer Coordinators to receive email notices:

       Jim:  On the web site:  Students sign up through our web site.
Add Sandy to the distribution list + Drew.  (Jim, Sandy & Drew).  Jim
has asked Cameron.

> Backup Treasurer volunteer, scope of duties

       Two areas where there is something to be done.  Deposit money,
pay bills, plus make reports at monthly meetings + semiannual reports to
the Fair Political Practices Commission.  (Due Jan. 1 + July 1).

       Currently, Warner has signing privileges on the account.

--
Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Technology Officer