[GPSCC-chat] December 17 Green meeting

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Wed Dec 30 10:23:47 PST 2015

We had a fairly large group including Warner, Caroline, Brian, John T., Pete, Tian, Sandy, and Jim Doyle. Drew and Debbie were there briefly.Warner passed out agendas and agreed to be facilitator. Caroline was note taker, Tian was time keeper, and Sandy was vibes.Intros, announcements, and agenda additions:Caroline added Sunshine Alliance and the Naomi Klein movie to the agenda.Shamako Noble is running for U.S. Senate. We can work on getting signatures for him.John said the DARK act was stripped from the Omnibus BillPete said there was a demonstration in SF on Friday against IslamophobiaTian is having his Festivus Party on Wednesday, Dec. 30 at 7:00 at his clubhouse. For those of us who have been missing him, Fred will be there.Sandy announced a big victory for the homeless in getting permanent sanctioned encampments.
Treasurer's Report:We currently have $714 in  the treasury. Jim will do the necessary money things in January and then we need a new Treasurer. Sandy will post something about this on the discuss list.
State Party Issues:Plenary in San Diego on January 23-24. Caroline is the only delegate so far, and she is iffy because of chemo schedule.We need to get signatures for Shamako Noble to get on the ballot for U.S. Senator. We will get Shamako to speak at De Anza. He is a De Anza alumnus.
Sandy and Caroline volunteered for County Council. Obviously, we need more people.
Tian will go to Warner's and fix his email and the Facebook page.
The proposal on what Drew can and cannot do with or without County Council approval was consensed.
Sandy got the student volunteers to get signatures on a petition for renters' rights.
We worked on the Donkey/Elephant page to bring it up to date. Brian is going to do the editing. We will have to work on it more next month.
Tabling:  January 9 at Cesar Chavez Park we should be getting signatures for  Shamako, and, if a miracle occurs and we have 8 candidates for County Council, signatures for them, too.
Climate:  Naomi Klein movie. There are some folks who want to show the new Naomi Klein movie, although it has been shown around here before. It costs $300. We are willing to chip in $50. Sandy Thought we could probably find a church that would let us show it for free. I will put him in touch with the other people. We should be able to table there.
Tian and Caroline are going to the Sunshine Alliance meeting on January 10.