[GPSCC-chat] Walmart Raises

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 19 08:25:37 PST 2015

On KQED this morning there was a piece about Walmart
raising its minimum wage.  So I searched for items
about it:

"As Walmart Gives Raises, Other Employers May Have to Go Above Minimum Wage"
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/20/upshot/as-walmart-gives-raises-other-employers-may-have-to-go-above-minimum-wage.html

"Walmart Will Raise Its Minimum Wage To $10 An Hour"
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2015/02/19/3624666/walmart-minimum-wage-increase/

The KQED piece also said something about IKEA and another
company.  So I searched for news about IKEA, and found
nothing new.  There are pieces from about 7 months ago,
for example, this item says IKEA will have an AVERAGE
minimum wage of $10.76 an hour:

"Ikea to Increase Minimum Hourly Pay"
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/26/business/ikea-plans-to-increase-minimum-hourly-pay.html

Gerry