[GPSCC-chat] Santa Clara County Water

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Sat Feb 21 10:05:22 PST 2015

I hope that all of you can take the time to read this commentary in the
Mercury News.  It comes from Barbara Barrigan-Parrilla, Ex. Director for
Restore the Delta.

> Californians for Water Security, despite talking a good game on social
> media about fixing California's aging water infrastructure, is
> actually supporting Gov. Jerry Brown's $60-plus billion Delta tunnels
> project.
>
> The coalition consists of the same special interests seeking to
> benefit from construction and operation of the Delta tunnels: big
> agribusiness in the San Joaquin Valley; big construction unions; big
> water district officials who want to become water brokers; and various
> chambers of commerce that want Delta water to support unrestricted
> growth. Some want to gain support from the governor for other projects
> within their region.

We need to follow this with some special efforts:  Letters is support
going to the Mercury News with copies being sent to your Water District
Director.

I will do one later today and forward to this list.

--
"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't,
then you are wasting your time on this Earth" - /Roberto Clemente/