[GPSCC-chat] MLK Freedom Day Sat Jan 17 Beloved Community #99%TogetherWeCanBreathe

Drew jamboi at riseup.net
Fri Jan 16 04:55:04 PST 2015

WHAT: MLK Freedom Day
THEME: Building Beloved Community across East Palo Alto, Menlo Park &
Palo Alto
HOW: Games that build community, Expressive Arts, Discussions, Speakers,
community outreach tables
WHEN: Tomorrow Jan. 17th 10a-4pm
WHERE: Onetta Harris Community Center, 100 Terminal Avenue, Menlo Park
CA 94205
                  650.330.2250 Director: Bridget Matheson

Flyer in English http://polr.me/MLKFreedomDayEng
Flyer in Spanish http://polr.me/MLKFreedomDaySpanish

Some of our Special guests:
+ Cynthia Chin-Lee: Award-winning childrens book author
+ Juanita Croft: Mouse Squad lead, Soul line dancing instructor
+ Rev. Desmond Harvey: Minister formerly of EPA Community Church
+ David Howard-Pitney: MLK & Malcom X history Scholar
+ Derrick Kikuchi: Game Designer (Civio), Co-owner of Reach and Teach
+ Edmundo Norte: Nonviolent Communication and Emotional Intelligence
+ Leif Ericcson: Exec. Director of Youth Community Service
+ More

+ Reid Davenport, graduate student of Stanford (MFA in documentaries)
may be doing videos of those that wish to participate.

BEHIND THE SCENES:
We will be able to start setting up at about 8:30 (and breaking down at
4).

The event goes from 10a-4p. As much time as you have to be present from
10-4, (the more the better from our standpoint).  If your community
group wants to table, please just let me know and we'll do our best to
accommodate.

OUR TEAM LEADS:
Kyle Talbert: Game master. Bringing together the goodness of youth and
games.
McTate Strohman II: Host/MC mixing games and expressive arts. We will be
flexibly responding to the availability of talent and the flow of the
day to give community members the try out GreenGames, opportunities to
perform, speak, hold panel discussions.
Katie Earle: Food, GLORIOUS FOOD!

Producers: http://HeartBeatEarth.org, Silicon Valley Families (
http://polr.me/SVFGamesMusic ), Drew Johnson, Debbie Stinson, Kyle
Talbert, Johanna Mansor
Sponsors: http://YouthCommunityService.org, Pan African City Alive! (
http://panafricancity.com ), http://ReachandTeach.org, De Anza Green
Party, Social Justice Committee of First Presbyterian PA

Building Beloved Community!
Drew Johnson
408.520.1652