[GPSCC-chat] Google Voice for 408-22-EARTH?

Spencer B Graves spencer.graves at effectivedefense.org
Tue Jan 27 00:40:19 PST 2015

Hi, Drew et al.:

	  What do you suggest we do to keep our phone number, 408-22-EARTH, without paying $40 per month?  Or do you think Google is so evil, we should give up our cute phone number to avoid using Google?

	  I think people die every day to keep the price of gasoline below $5 per gallon in the US.  I can’t think of one thing I’ve obtained in my life to date that came to me without benefit of fossil fuels.  The oranges from the tree in my side yard involve only small amounts of fossil fuels.  However, it was almost certainly carried to this location as a seedling on a truck burning some fossil fuel, and it has occasionally received water transported here by pumps using electricity generated by burning fossil fuels.  Google may be evil, but not as evil as other things I do.  I eat those oranges, buy gasoline for my car, and use Google.  To do otherwise would make me much less effective in trying to make the world a better place.

	  Best Wishes,
	  Spencer