[GPSCC-chat] Organizing for Economic Human rights This Sat. Jan. 31

perrysandy at aol.com perrysandy at aol.com
Tue Jan 27 22:23:02 PST 2015

Hi Everyone,

Some of us will be participating in this dynamic discussion from 10 to 4 this Saturday, January 31. If we intend to win the struggle for the most basic human needs in this society, we have envision a whole new way of organizing ourselves economically, politically, and spiritually. Please join us!

This is part of the preparation for hosting the US Social Forum here in San Jose from June 24-27. We intend to bring thousands of people from all over the Western United States to visualize, mobilize, and strategize together to build the better world we all aspire to.

Sandy Perry
408-691-6153

The People vs. the Corporations:

WHOSE CONSTITUTION IS IT?

A People’s Movement Assembly

TIME: 10 AM TO 4 PM SATURDAY JANUARY 31

PLACE: SEIU HALL, 2302 ZANKER RD, SAN JOSE

Free Event - Lunch Provided

Join San Jose community leaders to identify issues and solutions and commit to take action.

·        What would the constitution look like if it put human rights first, ahead of property rights?

·        What if it guaranteed the right to jobs, housing, health care, and education?

·        What if it protected the survival of planet earth?

·        What would an Economic Bill of Rights look like?

·        How do we make it happen?

HOSTED BY: San Jose Bay Local Organizing Committee for the June 24-27 US Social Forum, Move To Amend, CHAM, Human Agenda, Hip Hop Congress, Silicon Valley De-Bug, Multi-Media Center, Legal Aid Society of SCC, Low Income Self-Help Center, Silicon Valley De-Bug, SJ Peace and Justice Center, SEIU 521 Disability Caucus, Rap Force Academy, RonDavoux Records, and Special Guest Ash Kalra

For more information contact:

Shamako Noble, shamakonoblemusic at gmail.com 408-624-2999