[GPSCC-chat] Calling all social- and economic-justice advocates.

Rob Means rob.means at electric-bikes.com
Wed Jun 17 11:36:46 PDT 2015

Political parties have their conventions. So do techies, teachers and
tradesmen. And so do advocates for an environmentally sustainable and
socially just world -- at the US Social Forum (USSF).

We in the Bay Area are fortunate to have the annual USSF in San Jose
this year. If you are working for a better world, join with thousands of
others to learn, connect and plan for our future.

For example, learn about the movement for a 28th Amendment to the U.S.
Constitution that says “money is not speech” and “corporations are not
people.” At the Thursday morning Peoples Movement Assembly (PMA), we
will examine the need for a 28th Amendment, what forces may arise to
stop or promote the movement, and what happens after successful passage.

See the attached for over 150 workshops and PMAs offered during the days
of June 25-27, and follow this link to more information:
http://www.ussfsanjose.com/

If you would like to attend any or all days for a minimal fee ($20 or
less), please submit your name and contact information by noon on
Friday, 6/26 to Gerry Hunt at gwhunt97 at comcast.net or 408-266-0107.
--
Rob Means, Education Work Group, Chairman
Santa Clara County MoveToAmend, http://scc-mta.org/