[GPSCC-chat] message from Jill Stein re HR 412

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 12 10:34:35 PDT 2015

In case you are not on Jill Stein's email list here is an email
I received from her:

James --

Right now, an attempt is brewing in Congress to wipe out campaigns that
rely on small donations from regular people. Clearly they see us as a
threat
and are trying to shut us down.

*Add your name here to say no to this insanity.*
<http://www.jill2016.com/halt_the_assault?e=a95fa93b974432e2dc64364d3ab218b010eac25d&utm_source=jillstein&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=halt_assault_1&n=2>

*#HaltTheAssault* on public financing for people-powered campaigns.

This funding is critical to the survival of small donor campaigns like ours
that don't take money - or marching orders - from the 1%.

If this bill goes through it will strike a severe blow to all
independent presidential campaigns.

This public funding does not come from tax dollars. It's a voluntary $3
dollar
contribution from people who chip in via their IRS form to support clean
money
campaigns. This bill will end that option immediately.

*Please help me sound the alarm and fight back by signing your name to
this petition.*
<http://www.jill2016.com/halt_the_assault?e=a95fa93b974432e2dc64364d3ab218b010eac25d&utm_source=jillstein&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=halt_assault_1&n=3>

Then, I’ll deliver the petition and your signatures to the co-signers of
this bill in Congress
and leverage public attention to win this fight!

If you can *make a donation today*
<https://jillstein.nationbuilder.com/halt_the_assault_donate?e=a95fa93b974432e2dc64364d3ab218b010eac25d&utm_source=jillstein&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=halt_assault_1&n=5>,
that empowers us to sound as big an alarm as this issue deserves!

Upward together!

Jill's Signature