[GPSCC-chat] pop up menus

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Mon Mar 30 22:40:33 PDT 2015

Hello, All:

       1.  I believe the pop up Warner mentioned was a pushy request to
write the Federal Communications Commission supporting net neutrality.
I just removed that pop up.

       2.  Jim Doyle informed me that I had set the permissions so only
I could change that.  That should now be fixed:  Anyone in the "sclara"
group on the "wangari.cagreens.org" server should now be able to change
that file.

       3.  If you have problems with either "1" or "2", please let me know.

        4.   "The House Communications and Technology Subcommittee,
which oversees the FCC, held a hearing to discuss the FCC’s proposed net
neutrality regulations on Wednesday, Feb. 25. ... As of 2013, five of
the 31 members of the subcommittee own stock in" the four largest
Internet Service Providers (Verizon, Comcast, Time Warner Cable and
AT&T), which oppose the FCC ruling, and "No members on the subcommittee
reported owning stock in Netflix, Facebook, or Twitter", which support
the recent FCC decision.
(http://maplight.org/content/companies-with-stake-in-net-neutrality-debate-have-financial-ties-to-subcommittee-members-ov).
I don't know if big cable and the major ISPs have the votes to overrule
the FCC, but I doubt if humanity has won the war over net neutrality:
We've won one battle, but Comcast, Version, Time Warner and AT&T have
too much at stake to give up yet.  We must continue to watch this closely.

       Best Wishes,
       Spencer