[GPSCC-chat] Jimmy Carter on governmental corruption by Big Money

Brian snug.bug at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 12 22:21:49 PST 2015

Now it’s just an oligarchy with unlimited political bribery being the
 essence of getting the nominations
for president or to elect the
president. And the same thing applies to governors and U.S. senators and

congress members. So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our
political system as a payoff to
major contributors, who want and expect
and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s
over. …

… the incumbents, Democrats and Republicans, look upon this unlimited
 money as a great benefit to
themselves because somebody who’s already
in Congress has a lot more to sell to an avid contributor
than somebody
who’s just a challenger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDsPWmioSHg