[GPSCC-chat] November Green Party Meeting.

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Fri Nov 20 12:21:40 PST 2015

Members present:  Warner, Tian, Brian, Caroline, and, eventually, Sandy
We  did not choose jobs, we just met.  Warner will do the agenda for next month. Next month's meeting will also be the third Thursday, due to the holiday. Then we will return to the fourth Thursday.
Warner told us that January 4 to March 11 is the time to get signatures to be on the County ballot for County Council. We would love to have some new people. It is easy to get the signatures. People don't have to be Green to sign the petitions, We are probably also going to have a Green candidate for Senator. We can collect signatures for them, too. We are hoping to have at least one signature-obtaining occasion.
We will be needing delegates to the state Green meeting in San Diego in January. So far, we have Caroline.
Although our treasurer was absent, we collected $11 in the hat passing. By the way, we will be needing a new treasurer in January. We obtained approximately $25 at Junior State. There will be no Holiday Peace Fair, so there goes our biggest opportunity to sell schwag. We are seeing if we can participate in the Peninsula Peace and Justice Center's Peace Fair.
Tian told us about Bike Party for this week, which will start at Race and 280. We discussed possibly tabling at the beginning of the ride sometime.
December's meeting will be an opportunity to update our literature. Please download a Donkey/Elephant flyer and write more current issues to include. Brian will edit and print our new version. If you are artistically inclined, feel free to make new artwork as well. I'm thinking we should include our new address and phone number, too.
Bernie Sanders will be having a rally here on January 9. We felt this would be a good opportunity for getting petition signatures and passing out our new Donkey/Elephant pages.
Naomi Klein has a new movie. It costs $300 to show it. We have approached 350.org and some other organizations to see if they would like to go in on showing it and getting a big venue. Please come to the December meeting. There is another group that meets until 7:00, so we can't do our 7:00 speaker or share dinners, but we can bring treats to eat during the meeting.
Caroline