[GPSCC-chat] Volunteers Needed to Collect Petition Signatures (and join the County Council)

WB4D23 at aol.com WB4D23 at aol.com
Sun Sep 20 10:13:04 PDT 2015

Hello Green Party members in Santa Clara County!

In 2016, we expect that there will be at least one Green Party  candidate
for U. S. Senate in California.  As part of qualifying to get  their name on
the Primary Election ballot, each candidate needs either to pay  thousands
of dollars or collect 10,000 petition signatures.  Even if a  candidate does
not collect the full number, his or her candidate fee is at least  partially
reduced.

At this time, your County Council members are trying to  prepare for the
signature gathering period in January by starting to get  volunteers to
collect signatures (or at least sign
a candidate's petition -- or even hold a house party for  others to attend
and sign a petition).  If you are willing to help with any  of these, please
send an email to Warner Bloomberg at _wb4d23 at aol.com_
(mailto:wb4d23 at aol.com) .

We also will need petition signers for candidates for the  GPSCC County
Council in January and February.  We also expect that there  will be ballot
initiatives that Green Party members will want to support  circulated this Fall
and Spring.

We also need volunteers to become County Council  members.
The County Council is the small group of volunteers that  serves as the
local contacts with the Green Party of California,  coordinates with local
progressive organizations, and serves as
the general organizers to keep our county Green Party  active.
At present, we have four County Council members -- so there  are three
vacancies that could be filled by appointment for the next nine  months.

Go Green!!!

Your GPSCC County Council --

Caroline Yacoub
Jim Doyle