[GPSCC-chat] Hansen on Election

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 14 18:31:51 PDT 2016

FYI,

from James Hansen, climate scientist,

"American Presidential Choices: An Opinion Based On Climate Science"

http://csas.ei.columbia.edu/2016/04/14/american-presidential-choices-an-opinion-based-on-climate-science/
http://columbia.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0ebaeb14fdbf5dc65289113c1&id=bde454142e&e=eb91f5e679

"I am a political Independent, fed up with both of our
major parties. I have begun writing a piece in which I
argue the case for a third party, not in 2016, but soon
thereafter, if, as seems likely, the threat of a downward
spiral in the economic prospects for young people becomes
more apparent. Thus I intended to say nothing about the
current election cycle."

"So I am not recommending any candidate after all. The only
thing I would say is that we had better make maximum effort
to help the winner understand the climate/energy story this
time.  As my oldest grandson said, unless we can make a time
machine that actually works we will not get a “do over.”
I had zero success in informing the current resident of the
White House.[10]  Maybe next time I will try parachuting in
for a visit.  No, on second thought, given the new securities,
that might be a coruscating finale.  I had better tend my
orchard."

Gerry