[GPSCC-chat] Volunteers Needed by GPSCC

perrysandy at aol.com perrysandy at aol.com
Mon Jan 25 15:47:15 PST 2016

The Green Party of Santa Clara County is at an importantturning point. Many of the “old guard” of the local Green Party have for variousreasons moved on – health, age, housing or economic issues, etc. Only the fewand the proud half-dozen of us have continued to attend the monthly businessmeeting.
And yet the prospects and possibilities for development ofthe local Green Party have never been better. We have an ongoing, active GreenParty Club at De Anza College. As we enter another presidential election year,progressives everywhere are looking for an electoral alternative. Thegroundswell around the Sanders campaign will be looking for a new party when(if history is any guide) the Democratic Establishment rejects him.
Right now the local Green Party urgently needs volunteers torun for our County Committee, as well as a volunteer to serve as the localparty treasurer. After years of faithful service, Green stalwart Jim Doyle isretiring this month. The treasurer job is not overly time-consuming ordifficult, but it does require high reliability and some attention to detail.
If you are willing and able to take on one of these excitingopportunities, please contact one of us who are attending the meetings, orbetter yet, come to our monthly meeting yourself this Thursday, January 28 at7:30 pm at the San Jose Peace & Justice Center. If not you, who? If notnow, when?
Sandy Perry for the County Council