[GPSCC-chat] Life under Trump - Net Zero Carbon

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Mon Nov 28 10:41:56 PST 2016

My introduction to real, solid information on climate change came for a
Webinar from New York City and sponsored, in part, by the American
Institute of Architects.  Two of the speakers were Dr. James Hansen,
renowned climate scientist then at NASA, and Dr. Edward Mazria of the
American Institute of Architects and founder of an organization called
Architecture 2030.

Since then, I have been on the Architecture 2030 email list Two of the
latest are fairly indicative of Dr. Mazria's beliefs that we can do
things now without the national government.

First, here is a link to the report of a recent (late October)
conference re: Net Zero Carbon Certification for the built sector of the
economy.  It is important to note that that conference was held in
Wuhan, China and that most of the attendees were from Chinese companies.
China will add 1.5 to 2.5 Billion sq meters of built environment
annually.  Architecture 2030's report on that conference is here:
http://us2.champaign-archive1.com/?u=dbdab49ae97bbf29f92aefe69&id=35a10d828d&e=1e8a590bbf

The second it is an affirmation by Dr. Mazria that Change will come from
the Bottom Up.  Nothing could be more in line with Green Party
practices.
http://commonedge.org/life-during-trump-progress-on-climate-change-will-come-from-the-bottom-up/

For me, it raises the question of what our local communities are doing
to reach such a goal.  Silicon Valley continues to expand, can Net Zero
Carbon become a part of local planning, zoning practices?  Can the GP
help push this in our area?

What could be more future focused than this?
--
"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't,
then you are wasting your time on this Earth" - /Roberto Clemente/