[GPSCC-chat] Green meeting--September 22,2016

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Wed Sep 28 11:04:19 PDT 2016

In attendance:
Sandy, Jim D.,Brian, Andrew Boone, Warner, Caroline, Gerry, Dana, Maria

Facilitator: Sandy
$$Note taker: Caroline
Vibes and Timekeeper: Brian
sure A for next month: Warner

Treasurer's report: We took donations

State Party Issues:
SGA--Gerry, Dana, Sandy.  We could really use more

Jill Stein campaign:
AffordableMr. View and Sunnyvale tabling will be suspended for next two weeks.
Nadia and Nassim will be out of town for a week.
De Anza students for Bernie now for  Jill
Maria is tweeting. Push for Progress is all over the country.
You can Tweet on a desktop computer
Oo need to register voters. We got 14,000 pages with info on all voters in county. We only have 3,700 Greens now.  Massimo has email list she gave to Sandy. 313 people on VTAit. 100 from Push for Progress, 77 registered Greens.
Ll wi People want buses.:
SF has table at Bluegrass Concert, three day event in Golden Gate Park
Oct. 6 in Oakland Humanist Hall. Jill will be there. Get info on national webpage or Jill's webpage.

Propositions: Andrew
Measure  A. Support.
Affordable housing bond--$950,000,000.  $750,000,000 for people who are homeless. , but  $200,000 per person. Somebody's making a lot of money. Warner and Gerry had some concerns, but they stood aside. Maria also thought we needed more info, but we wound up supporting it.

Measure B. Oppose
VTA sales tax. $185B. They want to put the money into highways . Only 8 percent for buses, 4 percent for bikes and pedestrians. We already passed a BART  tax, but they are saying that is not enough.

Mr. View   Measure V  rent control in Mt. View. Sandy says we should support.

Tabling materials
Brian reorganized the donkey and elephant pages. Jim will order more button materials. Warner will reimburse him.