[GPSCC-chat] Trump taking America Down Again.

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Sun Jan 8 10:48:23 PST 2017

Sent the following to the Mercury News today.  Don't know if they will
run it, but I hope that some others run with this idea.
____

While Donald Trump waged a campaign to Make America Great Again, it
would appear that the effect of his president would takes us in the
opposite direction.  It is clear from his campaign rhetoric as well as
his cabinet appointments that a President Trump will have a cabinet that
is overly supportive of the fossil fuel industries. This bases the
future economic growth of the United States on old, worn out
technologies.  Even so, there is no way that coal will have a resurgence
without massive governmental subsidies.  It is just too expensive
relative to competing technologies: natural gas, wind, solar.

In the meantime, China has put in place a plan to invest $360 Billion in
renewable energy by 2020.  That is the year of the next presidential
election in the US.  It is clear that China is betting on the future
while Trump would have the US  clinging to the past. Rather than making
American great again, he would destroy our competitive advantage in an
increasingly technology based economy.
--
"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't,
then you are wasting your time on this Earth" - /Roberto Clemente/