[Sosfbay-news] Faces of Homelessness event in Sunnyvale

Stephanie Schaaf sas at alumni.brown.edu
Fri Oct 21 16:57:25 PDT 2005

Please forward widely!! -Stephanie

ANNOUNCEMENT:

 			  Faces of Homelessness

Join us Sunday, November 13, 2005 for an event to raise awareness and
understanding of homelessness.  We will be offering an opportunity to hear
directly from people who have lived with hunger, people who have been
homeless.

Where: 	Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Sunnyvale
 		1112 Bernardo Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94087

When: 	12:30pm - 1:45pm

The panel will include the following guest speakers:

       - Ms. Patricia Vazquez, single mother, Program Manager for Boccardo
 	Family Living Center in San Martin; previously homeless.

       - Ms. Vanessa Martinez, single mother of seven, Shelter Manager at
 	First Christian Church and Community Homeless Alliance Ministry in
 	downtown San Jose; homeless in 2001 and 2002.

       - Ms. Selena Janelle Hernandez, single mother, Executive Manager and
 	homeless.

San Jose Councilmember Ken Yeager will moderate the panel.  The event will
conclude with a presentation and discussion of how we can work together to
end homelessness in our community.

National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week (November 14 - 20) is a
national endeavor to promote education, action, and awareness about hunger
and homelessness.

For more information, please call: Stephanie Schaaf, 408-539-2136