[Sosfbay-news] [GPCA Official Notice] Be a GPCA Delegate to GPUS

Jim Stauffer jims at greens.org
Sat Mar 10 19:04:46 PST 2007

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [GPCA Official Notice] Be a GPCA Delegate to GPUS
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 18:52:17 -0800
From: County Contacts <contacts2006 at cagreens.org>
To: County Contacts <Contacts2006 at cagreens.org>

GREEN PARTY COUNTY CONTACTS MESSAGE

This is an announcement from the GPCA Contact List.  For more information,
or questions related to the topic of the posting, please do not hit reply.
Follow the contact directions
stated in the email.

(Time Sensitive Announcement-Please forward widely as appropriate)

*HOW TO APPLY FOR A Green National Committee (GNC) DELEGATE OR ALTERNATE
SEAT:*

The Green Party of California is always looking for interested
California Greens to serve at the national level of the state party. The
only strict requirement is that you be a registered Green in
California.  The next couple of years should be a very exciting time in
the Green Party at the national level.  The major decisions of the
National Committee will primarily be focused on rules and policies
leading to the 2008 Convention, so it will be a very interesting time,
and a good reason for YOUR input!!

We prefer those who have served in some capacity at the state and/or
county party level and will ask for a referral from a state or county
representative, if we're not familiar with your green party activity. We
strongly encourage those who self-identify as a minority, whether by
region, gender, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, or disability.

California has 13 Delegate seats and 13 Alternate seats at present.
There are seven seats open for Delegate, out of thirteen, and 9 seats
open for alternates. As delegates are usually elected with staggered
terms throughout the year, this number is larger than usual because of
the length of time since the last plenary. Note that some delegates and
alternates currently holding those seats will also be running for
reelection. If some form of Delegate Apportionment passes at the
national level, CA will more than triple its delegation.

There will be elections by the General Assembly at the GPCA Plenary in
San Francisco May 26-27 for these seats, by IRV. We need your
two-paragraph bios/applications by MARCH 26  for inclusion in the
plenary packets.  Get your applications in NOW so you can included in
the election. LETTERS OF APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE GPCA-CC by
March 26 to be in compliance with our bylaws. An editable application
can be found at
http://www.cagreens.org/cc/co-cos/application_gpus_delegation.rtf
<http://www.cagreens.org/cc/co-cos/application_gpus_delegation.rtf>
BIOGRAPHIES MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE GPCA-CC by that date in order to be
forwarded to the counties, to be reviewed by the current delegation and
to be submitted as part of the Plenary Packet. You may also submit an
optional campaign statement.  The CC announcement of these openings and
relevant by-laws can be found at
http://www.cagreens.org/cc/co-cos/notice_gpus_delegation_2007.php
 From that page you can find contact information  for the CCand other
information about the delgation.

If you are applying for a position on the CA delegation, please also
write to the CA Delegation Co-chairs. Please include a short bio of any
party or other relevant experience you are bringing to the position, and
include why you would like to serve with the Delegation. You can find
more information and roster on the delegation's website!
http://votegreen.org/gpus-ca You can also contact the Co-Chairs with
your questions.  If you have even thought about the idea, but did not
think you had the time, please let us know.  If we end up needing a
delegation 40 strong, we will need many of you and will work with you to
come up to speed and to figure out how to fit us into your life.
Applications should also be sent to the GPUS Delegation ASAP if the
applicant wishes to receive an endorsement from the Delegation, so that
we can get those endoresements into the plenary packet as well.

Thank you.  We look forward to hearing from you.

Sanda Everette - sanda at greens.org   sanda at greens.org

Cat Woods - cat801 at mindspring.com   cat801 at mindspring.com

GPCA California Delegation to GPUS, Co-Chairs