[Sosfbay-news] GreenPinkTrain 2 SF Green Festival this Saturday

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Thu Nov 13 15:52:28 PST 2008

GREEN HOLIDAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!

Some of us Greens and (Code) Pinkers are taking an Auto-Free Adventure
going to the Green Festival this Saturday AM Nov 15th (
http://www.greenfestivals.org/san-francisco ) by enjoying a ride on
Caltrain ( http://caltrain.org ) to get there. Yes, carpooling, bicycling
and other forms of mass transit are equally 'green' so we're not
discouraging any of that, but for those who don't want to drive in and
park in SF or who'd just enjoy the kinship of friendly Greens and Pinkers,
or If you've always wondered how to take Caltrain this will be a guided
experience (providing you come to one of the stops where Greens will be
guiding from -- I'll start from the downtown SJ Caltrain "Diridon"
Station).  Plus this will be sort of a warmup for the MLK Freedom Train in
February.  ;-)

NOTE: Optionally you may bring your BIKE on the train.  If you choose to
do this show 10 minutes earlier and AFTER BUYING YOUR CALTRAIN TICKET FROM
THE TICKET MACHINE wait with your bike at the northernmost end of whatever
station you're departing from and the last car on the north (leading) end
of the train will be marked with a big yellow bike

ARRIVAL & TICKETS:
ARRIVE WITH ENOUGH TIME TO PURCHASE YOUR TICKET AND IF YOU'VE NEVER DONE
IT BEFORE GIVE YOURSELF AN EXTRA TEN OR FIFTEEN MINUTES TO FAMILIARIZE
YOURSELF.  WITH THIS IN MIND I'VE ADDED 15 MINUTES TO EACH OF THE
FOLLOWING TIMES. FIRST THING GO TO TICKET MACHINE & BUY YOUR CALTRAIN
TICKET!!!  YOU CAN'T BOARD WITHOUT IT.

* "ELIGIBLE" = DISCOUNT FOR SENIOR / YOUTH / DISABLED / MEDICARE CARD HOLDER

DAY PASS PRICES (BASED ON HOW MANY 'ZONES (ie. HOW FAR) YOU TRAVEL:
4 ZONES   (ie. any station from SJ through Lawrence traveling to SF)
ADULT:       $15.00
* ELIGIBLE:

3 ZONES   (ie. any station from Sunnyvale through Menlo Park traveling to SF)
ADULT:       $11.50
* ELIGIBLE: $  5.75

2 ZONES   (ie. any station  Redwood City through Milbrae to SF)
ADULT:       $8
* ELIGIBLE: $4

1 ZONE     (ie. from San Bruno or S. SF to SF
ADULT:       $4.50
* ELIGIBLE: $2.25

WHEN TO GET YOURSELF TO CALTRAIN STATION:
Tamien:                                        9:15AM
* SJ Downtown "Diridon"           9:45
Santa Clara  (El Camino &         9:50
Lawrence (off of Kifer)               9:55
Sunnyvale (Evelyn & Mathilda)10:00
*MV (Evelyn & Castro)              10:00
San Antonio  (& Showers)        10:05
California Ave (& Park Ave)     10:10
Palo Alto (University)                10:15
Menlo Park (El Camino)           10:20

SINCE WEEKEND TRAINS ARE 'LOCALS' THEY STOP AT EACH STOP (NO EXPRESS
TRAINS) SO INSTEAD OF WEEKDAY 1 HOUR FR. SJ TO SF EXPECT 1.5 HR.  BRING A
BOOK OR A FRIEND, KICK BACK AND ENJOY THE RIDE.

NOTE: ON THE WAY BACK, THE TRAINS START ONCE PER HOUR ON THE HOUR UNTIL
MIDNIGHT (EXCEPT THERE'S NO 11PM TRAIN).

ONCE WE ARRIVE AT THE SF STATION (4TH AND TOWNSEND) WE'LL WALK AND RIDE
OUR BIKES TOGETHER  5 BLOCKS TO THE
San Francisco Concourse Exhibition Center
635 8th St (at Brannan St) San Francisco, CA 94103

STOP BY THE SF GREEN PARTY BOOTH OUTSIDE THE EXHIBIT CENTER AND THE CODE
PINK BOOTH INSIDE AND SAY HI!!!

Green Festival PRICE is $15 for one day (or free if you bring your Coop
America card or a print out of the e-mail from them).

The schedule is at http://www.greenfestivals.org/san-francisco/schedules/
This year's Featured speakers include:  Dr. Cornel West, Chuck D, Winona
LaDuke, Van Jones and Rickie Byars Beckwith.

http://www.greenfestivals.org/san-francisco
"Welcome to Green Festival™, a joint project of Global Exchange and Co-op
America. We’re celebrating what’s working in our communities—for people,
business and the environment. Join us at the nation’s premier
sustainability event in San Francisco for 3 days filled with the best in
green!

> 125 renowned authors, leaders & educators
> 350 eco-friendly businesses in a unique marketplace
> Workshops, green films, kids’ activities, live music & more
> Delicious, organic, vegetarian cuisine"

Green and Pink is Core!

Drew