[StrategyPlan] Final? Draft re Strategizing

Jim Stauffer jims at greens.org
Mon Dec 27 17:53:56 PST 2010

A couple of corrections:

Our official name is "The Green Party of California" and it should be used in
all correspondence. The acronym, GPCA, can be used after the first occurrence
of the full name.

On wiki.cagreens, they do not actually have to create an account to enter
comments. Verify this with Bert, but I'm pretty sure that's what we discovered
last time.

The StrategyPlan list is open posting. Greens do not have to subscribe to the
list to post.

And one suggestion -- include "goals" in the opening line. I've long argued
that you can't devise a strategy without first setting a goal.

"2011 is the ideal time to set goals for the party and develop strategies to
implement them."

As a final comment, I'm sorry to see that this exercise will not be used as a
tool to get Locals to have a combined meeting. I thinks there's a lot of
benefit to that: neighboring counties get to meet each other; the responses
are more condensed / less duplication; and I think we'd get a better quality
of response.

Jim