[strategyplan] Rally for Carbon Zero Cool Schools Ventura with me!

Kendra Gonzales via Rally team at rally.org
Sat Jan 18 09:59:29 PST 2014

I'm leading the Rally for Carbon Zero Cool Schools Ventura, and I
think you will be inspired by this campaign. Please take a moment
to check it out.

Hands holding earth

Kendra Gonzales invited you to join a Rally.

Carbon Zero Cool Schools Ventura ( https://rally.org/f/lsW1ckr3oqN )

1002 supporters

Let's rally for Carbon Zero Cool Schools Ventura

I'm Kendra Gonzales, activist and community organizer living in
Ventura since 1988. I've worked on many issues, with many
organizations over the years - all relating to the environment,
social justice, and peace. In December 2013 I decided to launch
what I've been thinking about doing for a few years now, which is
to transition a local school(s) into a zero-carbon and even
green-energy producing demonstration model. Recently I also
launched "Eco-Buyers Ventura", a Conscious Consumer's
Cooperative; a much more sustainable economic model than the
status-quo. Its imperative for us to create the change we want to
see in the world, right in our own back yards. We can do this by
building economic models, like Cooperatives and physical models
like demonstration sites. We can implement efficient permaculture
design with renewable energy use, conservation, non-toxic and
local materials, growing organic food, grey-water systems,
composting, re-purposing, up-cycling, recycling, and carbon-free
transit, to name a few! Schools make the most sense as a
centralized location to bring all these actions together and
engage the entire community in a collaborative and comprehensive
approach. Just as in society at large, our schools are doing 1,2,
or 3 "green actions", but not necessarily ALL that is needed to
be carbon-free. Funds will be used to bring all the stake-holders
together, create a strategic plan, find other funding sources,
and create a Carbon Zero Cool School as our FIRST model.

Check out the rally ( https://rally.org/f/lsW1ckr3oqN )

Rally.org is a storytelling platform designed to empower users to
fundraise and build social awareness on a large scale.

This message was sent via Rally.org | 144 2nd St. San Francisco,
CA 94105

To unsubscribe from Carbon Zero Cool Schools Ventura's emails,
click here. ( https://rally.org/causes/ksHIefguvus/unsubscribe/user/a2BM4Wk22ef?token=915e3e44fcea66039477ebafa91c9635f0ddfa4918e79f4a9abc047ab17e489f )

Rally ( https://rally.org/ )