[GP-Eldorado-n] TO El Dorado County Greens

Michael Borenstein thebor at cagreens.org
Fri Jul 14 21:30:55 PDT 2006

From: Gloria Purcell,
On behalf of your new Green Party of
El Dorado County Council (central committee),

Hi everyone!  BIG update!  Sorry for length, but please read ALL!
I hope you are planning to come to our famous campout July 28, 29, 30
at Sly Park!
Very relaxing, lots of trees available for hugging, and socializing--
or not, as you please--with other Greens...

There is an event coming up August 12 at the Cozmic Cafe; a dance
with raffle fundraiser for Coalition for Change (who created the Dump
Doolittle bumperstickers.)  Michael Borenstein and I have been going
to their meetings, and this fundraiser will determine how much money
they will have to work on the November election.  I am in charge of
getting raffle prizes....guess what I'm going to ask next?
Please call me at 642-1162 or reply to this email (to
gpurcell at earthlink.net) if you can contribute a raffle prize.  No
theme; any type of thing people will buy tickets for is most welcome!

We will be having a booth at the Labor Day Fair in Diamond Springs on
Saturday, September 2.  We are working together with Progressive
Alliance to have a *row* of booths to show both our individuality as
citizen groups and our unity as progressive activists.  So far, Peace
& Justice, Coalition for Change, the Green Party, and Round Table for
Human Rights are ready to do it.  The Democrats decided against it.
Hmmm.  If you can volunteer a shift at our booth, we could use a
hand!  Call Michael Borenstein at 620-6659.

We will be doing work for the election; how much and what depends on
how much time and money we have.  Gloria especially wants to do a lot
of phoning--saves on gas and it is not a meeting!  Give her a call if
you'd like to help phone.  Also, give us a call if you'd like to do
anything for the election.  Our candidates could use donations, too.
Peter Camejo is planning TV spots and needs money for them.  Donna
Warren, our candidate for Lt. Governor, hopes people will send enough
to pay, specifically, for her ballot statement, which they are now
charging candidates for--an outrage to democracy, in my opinion!  NOW
is the time to send money--earmark it for whatever you wish!  (Did
you know that Sarah Knopp, our candidate for State Superintendant of
Education, got 17.5% of the vote and came within ONE POINT of forcing
a runoff?)  Jerry Fritts, our FIRST EVER Assembly candidate, needs
support from us too.  We have some great candidates!  Let's let them
know we thank them for the hard work of running for office!

Recently we have changed our P. O. Box, so please put this one in
your address books RIGHT NOW before you forget!  You could also put
it on an envelope at the same time and mail it to us with a check in
it!  We will happily pass it on to our candidates if that is what you
want, or keep it for a local project--just let us know:  Green Party
of El Dorado County, P. O. Box 506, Diamond Springs, CA 95619.

Lastly, Michael has been working hard to get a South Lake Tahoe local
group going.  He has been so successful that these brave people have
volunteered to host a statewide GPCA meeting (also called Plenary).
Dates are September 8, 9, and 10.  More info later, but for now,
please let us know if you can help!!!  We will need folks to help
with registration, staff our local booth--selling t-shirts to other
Greens, help with organizing and serving food, especially breakfast,
cleanup, and many other tasks.  We are having a planning meeting July
19 in SLT, and after that will have many more details.

Hope everyone has seen An Inconvenient Truth; it's well worth the
ticket price!  (and they are donating 5% of the gross profits to work
on Global Warming!)  Take a Republican with you and go, if you
haven't seen it yet!  Email and tell me what you think....would
anyone like a copy of my list of what we can all do?  Just email me...
busy year; more later,
For the County Council, Gloria Purcell

PS. Could you, would you like to become involved in or on the GPEDC
county concil? Call Michael, 620.6659  or Gloria, 642.1162