[GP-Eldorado-n] 2 kind reminds; a great movie & a great campout

Michael Borenstein thebor at cagreens.org
Wed Jul 19 10:46:52 PDT 2006

Dear Friends,

Bulletin::: Al Gore in P-ville until Friday
Hi all, Please run don't walk, if you haven't seen this important
movie.  So many of the folks in our County are oblivious to this
vital survival information...take one or more with you!!

At the Regal Cinema on Placerville Drive NOW.
Start times are:  10:40 a.m., 12:55 p.m., 3:10 p.m., 5:25 p.m., 7:45
p.m., and 9:55 p.m.

I've seen it three times, taking 8 other people total, so far.
Please make my day; beat that!
For the Earth, Gloria

Dear Friends,

Some misplaced this, some forgot where they were going at July's end,
and some may have not gotten this. Well, you all are invited anyway.

Dear green friends, friends of greens and campout alumni,

The seventh annual northern California great green campout invites you
to take a break. If you don't think you need one now, maybe you will,
come the last weekend of July? Planning and Future Focus y'know?

This invite is not only not for naught, but it's not for just not only
green party people, deep green leaning friends, light green relatives,
closet greens, and all children, but is very much especially for you.

The green peoples conundrum:
Can 60+ greens be together for 3 days in the forest and not have a meeting?
Difficult, yes, but there's strength in numbers. By not avoiding this invite you
can help. ???You are not being invited to participate ...in a meeting...

--The 7th Annual Northern California Green Campout is inviting you for a three
day weekend, or any portion thereof.

When:
-July 28/29/30, Fri/Sat/Sun.
--One may arrive as early as 'bout noon Friday, and stay until 'bout
sometime Sunday afternoon. Or come for the afternoon and/or evening.
(Note: Once you get there, all you - have - to do is just stand there.)

Where:
--Come to 'Dogwood camp' at Jenkinson Lake in the Sly Park Recreation Area,
Pollock Pines, CA.  (up [east] hwy. 50 in El Dorado County)

Info:
If the following Green Campout info is not enough, call us at:
 530.620.6659,  <thebor at cagreens.org>
(email is OK, but phone calls get answered quicker)
Sly Park info: 530.644.2545, 530.644.2792 <www.eid.org>, <slypark at eid.org>

How & How much?:
No reservations needed, room for almost 100.  Just arrive at main gate,
tell'em you're with the party (Green) at Dogwood camp,
pay $9.00 per car/per day. (if you come Friday & just pay for Friday night,
it remains unclear that you will be charged again for Saturday night)
 Dogs are $2.00 ea., per day for any size dog
(you must bring your own, the campground only sells wood, no dog rentals)

Directions:
Where's this main gate??? & Whatsa Dogwood camp???

To find the main gate, which closes at midnight;
-take HWY. 50 from Sacramento east to & through Placerville (38 miles)
-Go forward through the three stoplights on HWY. 50 in Placerville.
-Continue east about 13 miles on 50 to the Sly Park exit (in Pollock Pines).
-Take exit, turn right (south) onto Sly Park Road.
-Continue 4.3 miles to the Park entrance on your left.
-Dogwood camp is 3.4 (3.8?) miles straight into the park from the Park entrance.
(go slow, this 3.4 miles has 234 sharp turns)
-The site (on left) has a sign: 'Dogwood'.  Something green will be on the sign.

Particulars:
--This is a large campsite at the back of a large lake (9.5 miles around)
--We're a couple a hundred yards from the lake.
--You'll be in a tall pine forest at 3518.2 feet elevation.
--This site is bordered on the back by only the El Dorado National Forest.
  [which stretches from our site to the Nevada border]

---This is car camping at its best::
-The paved road goes almost right to the campsites.
-Great dirt, pine needles, soft forest floor to sleep on.
-Picnic tables, fire rings, BBQ's, plenty FRESH water await you.
-Fire wood can be purchased or scounged or each car bring 2 pieces...
-Lovely wooden outhouses w/ locking doors, cement floors, and vault toilets.
 (vault toilets? )

FYI-- At HWY.50 & Sly Park Rd. at left (north) is a Safeway if you need
supplies.
-There is also a small store opposite the Park entrance.

FYI-- along with NO meetings, the park also has NO showers.
So bring bathing suit, & if we must, we'll hose you off [bring hose].

To expect:
swimming (floating), hiking (walking), tree sitting (under not in), GREAT
weather (guaranteed), boating/canoeing (BYO boat or canoe),
fireside joke/song fest (voluntary), a great group of fun loving greens, and...
The Secret Tunnel...(really!!, it's very long, very straight and very cool),

You may bring:
Your food/beverage, tents, personal recreation stuff, Kids of any age,
dogs ON LEASH, acoustic instruments, Marshmallows etc...

In addition:
GP El Dorado Co. will accept a $10 donation per each adult staying overnight
(one or two nights just 10 bucks).  This donation covers the cost of the site
rental.  Any extra moneys can be donated back to the counties or region, or
expended on good beer. (or we can have a meeting to decide...Boo!)
-Large family?  Brother-in-law not paying the rent?  Outa work?
Try our sliding scale.  GP of EDC takes pride in our slide.

Please take a break and join us, thanks,

Your hosts, Green Party of El Dorado Co.
530.620.6659