[Sosfbay-discuss] Eucalyptus Tree Destruction

MARKETPOIN at aol.com MARKETPOIN at aol.com
Wed Nov 9 13:34:46 PST 2005

This may or may not be of interest to some of you but I thought I would let
you know about it.

The Mid Peninsula Regional Open Space District is going to be voting tonight
on the fate of six unusually large and beautiful Eucalyptus Trees in Pulgas
Ridge Open Space Preserve located off of Edgewood Road bordering San Carlos and
Redwood City.

They have cut down over fifty Eucalyptus Trees over the past five years in
the Preserve.  The trees that are left are the largest and most majestic ones.
We gathered 250 signatures a few years ago in the park that indicated that the
public that uses the park do not want these trees to be destroyed.

But the MROSD has ignored the public pleas and continue to follow a
unilateral strategy to transform the preserve to what they call "native" habitat.  If
this issue interest you, please call this afternoon or attend the meeting
tonight. (See information below)

Tonight the Board of Directors will meet at 7:30pm at their offices at 330
Distel Circle in Los Altos to decide the fate of six more of these trees.
Public comment can be made at the meeting or by phone at 650 691-1200 or by e-mail
at info at openspace.org.  Their website is www.openspace.org.

Judy