[Sosfbay-discuss] sosfbay-discuss Digest, Vol 2, Issue 12

rob.means rob.means at electric-bikes.com
Mon Oct 24 21:17:03 PDT 2005

I submitted the following for publication in my neighborhood newsletter.
Just another way of reminding people that the Green Party exists.

Rob Means, Electro Ride Bikes and Scooters
408-262-8975   rob.means at electric-bikes.com
1421 Yellowstone Ave., Milpitas, CA 95035-6913
Discover cycling that's Easy, Safe, Fast - and FUN!
---

------------------------------
Voting in the Special Election
by Rob Means

Many of us don't have the time or expertise to fully understand the
wording and implications of the various propositions on the November 8
ballot.  My solution is to consult sources I trust to help me decide.
When two source I trust disagree, then I read their argument to see
which is more persuasive given my own life experiences.  Here are
recommendations from various organizations:

                Dem.     Green    Rep.    Post
Prop. 73:    NO        NO      YES     NO
Prop. 74:    NO        NO      YES     YES
Prop. 75:    NO        NO      YES     YES
Prop. 76:    NO        NO      YES     YES
Prop. 77:    NO         ?        YES
Prop. 78:    NO        NO      YES
Prop. 79:    YES      YES     NO
Prop. 80:    YES        ?        NO

You can find explanations of the Propositions and arguments for voting
FOR or AGAINST at these websites:

The Santa Clara County Democratic Party
http://sccdp.org/initiatives.php

Green Party of Santa Clara County:
http://www.cagreens.org/ccwg/05props.htm

Santa Clara County Republican Party
http://www.svgop.com/library/index.cfm?fuseaction=view&ID=11

The Milpitas Post
http://www.themilpitaspost.com
(Click the Editorial button on the left)