[Sosfbay-discuss] Candidates

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Wed Oct 26 07:46:18 PDT 2005

Now is the time when we should be lining up candidates for next years elections.
 In my congressional district there are at least 3 candidates with organizations
in place working on gaining the right to challenge Richard Pombo. We need to
start making decisions about the next elections even as this special election is
 upon us.

This week, Tian forwarded a copy of a letter from Carol Brouillet to the County
Council asking for an endorsement to run against Anna Eshoo next year.  Since
then, I have been in email conversations with Carol concerning her motivation
and expectations.  I have come to the conclusion that this is one candidacy that
we should take seriously.  Carol is a green who has a constituency outside the
green party.  She is an activist with a proven ability to organize those
efforts. She has also proved that she can raise money.

If we are going to gain local attention, we will do so by running local
candidates.  Carol appears to be one of the better possibilities that I have
seen. I don't live in her district, but if I did I would be signing her petition
today.

Wes
--
"I find I have a great lot to learn – or unlearn. I seem to know far too much
and this knowledge obscures the really significant facts, but I am getting on."

Wesley C. Rolley
17211 Quail Court
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
(408)778-3024