[Sosfbay-discuss] Prop 77 and other funny questions.

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Thu Oct 27 10:49:03 PDT 2005

If any of you have paid attention to the Proposition targeted negative
advertising (both side), there is one which stands so far out of the realm of
common sense that you know it might just work.  This is the Prop 77 negative ad
that calls using a panel of 3 judges a "power grab" by the politicians who would
appoint them.  Right now, it is a power tool used by incumbent legislators to
stay in power.  The ad claims that the judges would not be "accountable to the
people" is if the current legislators are.

I have seen the Phil Angelides cartoon portrayal of Schwarzenegger that has been
making the rounds of progressive sites / blogs etc.  I wonder what the
Democratic reaction would be to an ad mocking a Hispanic or Oriental accent in
the way that this mocks Schwarzenegger's.  The Sac Bee called him on it and they
are right.  If Jay Leno wants to do it, fine. That is his business.

--
"I find I have a great lot to learn – or unlearn. I seem to know far too much
and this knowledge obscures the really significant facts, but I am getting on."

Wesley C. Rolley
17211 Quail Court
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
(408)778-3024