[Sosfbay-discuss] Katrina Food Aid to be Burned?

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 22 15:02:28 PDT 2005

It reminds me of a time back during the "Cold War" when a small
Appalachian town had a deteriorating bridge that was the sole
connection to the rest of the world.  For years the town asked
for help from the government (state and/or federal).  No luck.
The the USSR offered to help.  Shortly after that the government
(U.S., I believe) provided assistance.

Gerry