[Sosfbay-discuss] South SC County Greens participate in San Benito?

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 4 13:52:23 PDT 2006

Larry Cafiero_Liaison wrote:

> -- You say you are unclear about what I am asking. I am asking this:
> That Santa Clara County give its "okay" to San Benito County and state
> that it has no objection to San Benito County having a county bylaw that
> allows registered Greens living in Gilroy and Morgan Hill to be members
> with full membership privileges (i.e., voting, when necessary, and
> representing the GPSBC at plenaries, if elected) in the Green Party of
> San Benito County. Let me state the obvious again, as I did with the
> state delegate count: I am not proposing that San Benito and Santa Clara
> merge, nor I am proposing any sort of collaboration between the two
> counties (although I do support more established and experienced
> counties providing a guiding hand in "support," for lack of a better
> word, to newer ones).
>
> Or if Santa Clara does have an objection to having south county Greens
> having membership privileges in San Benito, I'd like to know what they
> are so both Joe and I can address them.

I did put this on the agenda at Jim Stuaffer's request.
We have more time than I expected because the plenary packet
is not available yet.

I have included the agenda as a text attachment.

If you have any last minute comments, reply to the sosfbay-discuss
list, I will be away from email from now until after the meeting
tonight.

Gerry