[Sosfbay-discuss] South SC County Greens participate in San Benito?

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 5 15:38:11 PDT 2006

Larry Cafiero_Liaison wrote:

> Gerry --

<snip>

> -- You say you are unclear about what I am asking. I am asking this:
> That Santa Clara County give its "okay" to San Benito County and state
> that it has no objection to San Benito County having a county bylaw that
> allows registered Greens living in Gilroy and Morgan Hill to be members
> with full membership privileges (i.e., voting, when necessary, and
> representing the GPSBC at plenaries, if elected) in the Green Party of
> San Benito County. Let me state the obvious again, as I did with the
> state delegate count: I am not proposing that San Benito and Santa Clara
> merge, nor I am proposing any sort of collaboration between the two
> counties (although I do support more established and experienced
> counties providing a guiding hand in "support," for lack of a better
> word, to newer ones).
>
> Or if Santa Clara does have an objection to having south county Greens
> having membership privileges in San Benito, I'd like to know what they
> are so both Joe and I can address them.

<snip>

Summary of the discussion in our business meeting:

1) We welcome the Green Party of San Benito County!

2) We have no concerns regarding the Green Party of San Benito
    County allowing Greens registered in Morgan Hill and Gilroy
    to have full memberships, including full voting memberships,
    EXCEPT that we believe that noone should be allowed to vote
    in BOTH counties.  We ask the County Council of the Green
    Party of Santa Clara County to work with the Green Party of
    San Benito County to prevent duplicating voting.

Gerry Gras