[Sosfbay-discuss] Announcement: Leland Yee to speak at this Wednesday's Green Talk

Mjsmith55 at aol.com Mjsmith55 at aol.com
Mon Apr 10 10:01:32 PDT 2006

Green Talk with the Green Party of San Mateo County:

Leland Yee, Democrat running for California State Senate, speaking on
Progressive

Politics in San Mateo County

Also, discussion of Ballot Propositions: 81 - presented by Jonathan  Lundell;
82 -

presented by Pat Gray; Measure S - presented by Coastside Greens; Measure U
- presented

by Menlo Park Greens

When: Wednesday April 12 at 7-9pm. Preceded by free refreshments  6-7pm.

Where: Green Party Office, 212A Miller St, South San Francisco, 94080

Cost: free. Public is invited

Contacts: For more info contact the GPSMC

Email: _gpsmc at cagreens.org_ (mailto:gpsmc at cagreens.org)

Phone: 650-366-6603

Website: greens.org/cal/sanmateo/calendar.html

Event coordinator: Mitch Smith

Email: _mjsmith55 at aol.com_ (mailto:mjsmith55 at aol.com)

Downloadable flyer at
_http://www.greens.org/cal/sanmateo/files/GT20060412.pdf_ (http://www.greens.org/cal/sanmateo/files/GT20060412.pdf) .
Please distribute widely.

Speaker Bio, from his website: Democrat Leland Y. Yee, PhD, is an educator,
child

psychologist, husband and father of four who has dedicated his career to
strengthening

our schools and colleges, protecting our families, and working creatively  to
improve

the quality of life in our communities.

In 2002, Leland was elected as the first Chinese American Assemblymember in
the history

of San Francisco. In Sacramento, Leland has continued to fight for our
priorities

including quality schools, affordable health care, environmental protection
and civil

rights. He has passed landmark legislation protecting children from sexual
predators

and prohibiting the sales of ultra-violent video games to minors.

The first Asian American to serve as Speaker Pro Tempore, Leland has been a
powerful

voice for underserved communities. He has earned 100% ratings from the
Sierra Club, the

California Congress of Seniors and the Children’s Advocacy Institute. He  has
worked

tirelessly to ensure that all Californians have equal rights and that state
services

are guaranteed to all, no matter what language we speak.

*****This event is wheelchair accessible*****

Every month, the Green Party of San Mateo County hosts lectures on topics
important to

residents of our region.Speakers may be local residents discussing their
area of

expertise or nationally-recognized activists Whether thesubject is taxes,
health care,

public transportation or airport expansion, you will find something at the
Green

Talksthat impacts you and your neighbors. Everyone is  welcome!