[Sosfbay-discuss] Farm Regulations

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Mon Apr 10 12:56:09 PDT 2006

*Send your e-mail to win permanent heat regulations for farm workers!
<http://www.ufwaction.org/campaign/heatregs42006/5kesie497wm5ej?>*

We have written to you about the issue of heat regulations many times
before.  Thousands of supporters responded and sent e-mails to help us
prevent further tragedies in the fields.

*These temporary heat regulations are set to expire on April 21,* and we
again need your help
<http://www.ufwaction.org/campaign/heatregs42006/5kesie497wm5ej?> to
protect farm workers. Please *urge CalOSHA to make these vital
regulations permanent
<http://www.ufwaction.org/campaign/heatregs42006/5kesie497wm5ej?> when
they meet on April 20.*  Last summer six Central Valley farm workers
died due to extreme heat. We can never let this happen again.  Some of
these deaths occurred after management ordered work speed-ups when
temperatures were above 100 degrees. We asked Gov. Schwarzenegger for
assistance.   He responded by issuing the nation’s first temporary
emergency heat regulation in the nation.

*Please send your e-mail today
<http://www.ufwaction.org/campaign/heatregs42006/5kesie497wm5ej?>
calling on Cal-OSHA, the state work safety agency, to adopt a permanent
rule to save workers’ lives.*

--
"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't, then you are wasting your time on this Earth" Roberto Clemente

Wes Rolley
17211 Quail Court, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
http://www.refpub.com/ -- Tel: 408.778.3024