[Sosfbay-discuss] [SC-SM] [Fwd: [Fwd: Regional Rep Election]]

Andrea Dorey andi at wrytor.com
Tue Apr 11 19:23:00 PDT 2006

Take a guess, Warner.
I've brought up the issue of the problems with the regular meeting
place, the lack of diversity in the food, and the poor sound and
service.  Nothing was done, so I saw no reason to go, when the agenda
is discussed at the SCC cc meeting which I *do* attend and
participate in regularly.

I have attended several plenaries; I resisted continuing to do this
into eternity, as I believe that new blood should get a chance to go
to these and meet the fine people that belong to GP across the
state.  I note that this year, several of the same names appear and
that there is *no* gender balance.

Your recent campaign for office benefited from my activities when you
were running and, I believe, you were asked to speak once again in
Milpitas on the ballot measures; was this your fourth invitation to
do so?

My emails are often delayed, as much of what we discuss on the chat
line is often of little relevance.  When an interesting issue finally
appears, I get involved and give my opinion, without concern about
what the prevailing thought is.  I see no problem with honesty in
dissent, although I have in the past shown my willingness to step
aside or to abide by the majority decision that finally emerges.

I can be available for teleconferences any time I am *needed,* which
in my capacity of SCC cc I have not been to date.
Anything else you'd like to ask?
Andrea