[Sosfbay-discuss] Fwd: [ppjc] Bush in San Jose Friday! Come and protest!

WB4D23 at aol.com WB4D23 at aol.com
Tue Apr 18 21:42:08 PDT 2006

In a message dated 4/18/06 3:56:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ppjc at peaceandjustice.org writes:

George Bush in San Jose this  week!
Come and Protest!
Stop the spying.  Stop the lying.  Stop the  dying.
Friday, April 21
1:00 pm - 4:00  pm
Note time! A different time was  previously announced.
Cisco Systems
170 West Tasman Drive,  San Jose
Sponsored by: South Bay  Mobilization, Peninsula Peace & Justice Center,
International  A.N.S.W.E.R.-San Francisco, Students for Justice, Not In Our Name,
Women's  International League for Peace & Freedom (WILPF), Global Exchange,
The World Can't Wait,  Progressive Alliance of Contra Costa County,  Students
for Justice, Code Pink, Northern California 9-11 Truth Alliance,  Peninsula
Raging Grannies Action League, Gold Star Families Speak Out,  California Peace
Action, Bay Area Iranian American Democrats and others...

____________________________________

TRANSPORTATION INFO:

Carpools:
Peninsula:  Drivers and riders meet at  Peninsula Peace and Justice Center,
457 Kingsley Avenue, Palo Alto starting  at 12:00 noon.
South Bay:  If you can provide a ride or  need a ride, please call (415)
821-6545 (North Bay) or (408) 998-8504 (South  Bay).
Driving  Directions:
>From the north, take  101 South to the Great America Parkway exit.
Turn LEFT  onto Great America Parkway (going North). Follow for 2 miles to
Tasman Drive.
Turn RIGHT onto  Tasman Drive and follow for a  mile or so crossing over both
the Caltrain tracks and the Guadalupe River. Building  "170" is on your
right, set back from the road, on the South side of Tasman  Drive across from the
Champion Light Rail Station.

>From  the south, take 101 North to the Great America Parkway exit.
Turn RIGHT onto Great America Parkway (going North).  Follow for 2 miles to
Tasman  Drive.
Turn RIGHT onto Tasman Drive and follow for a mile or so crossing  over both
the Caltrain tracks and  the Guadalupe River. Building "170" is on your right,
set back from the  road, on the South side of Tasman Drive across from the
Champion  Light Rail Station.
Public  Transportation:
>From San  Francisco, you can take CalTrain to Mountain View.
At CalTrain's Mountain View Station, take the Valley  Transportation
Authority (VTA) Light Rail to the Champion Station (at Cisco Systems).
_See the  Light Rail map here..._
(http://www.vta.org/schedules/SC_LRT_MAP.GIF)
_Click here  for further information..._
(http://www.vta.org/schedules/schedules.html)

>From San  Jose, take the VTA Light Rail North to the
Champion Station (at Cisco Systems).

Parking:
- The vicinity of Cisco Systems is mostly corporate parking.
-  1/2 mile west of the Champion Light Rail Station is Lick Mill Blvd,
which  has plenty of parking available on the street.
- 1 mile west of the  Champion Station is the Santa Clara Convention
Center, which has a big  parking lot on the south side of Tasman Dr.