[Sosfbay-discuss] Fwd: Earth Day event for Greens in Bay Area/Aimee Allison for Oakland Council

WB4D23 at aol.com WB4D23 at aol.com
Tue Apr 18 21:44:11 PDT 2006

In a message dated 4/18/06 4:27:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
funking at mindspring.com writes:

Hi all,
If you are in or near the Bay Area for Earth Day weekend, please feel  free
to join Greens from around the Bay Area in helping to elect Aimee  Allison to
Oakland's City Council.
SATURDAY, APRIL 22 and SUNDAY, APRIL 23:

EARTH DAY MOBILIZATION:
WHEN: Saturday, April 22 and Sunday, April 23

TIME: Starting at 11:00, going until 3:00
WHERE: Aimee Allison HQ: 3208 Grand Ave (next to the Grand Lake  Theater)
WHAT: delivering our *New* tabloid Aimee Allison literature piece to D  2
voters

 Because absentee and walk-in voting starts in less than four  weeks, WE NEED
HELP NOW -- so that we can elect Aimee Allison to Oakland's  City Council!

Join Aimee Allison, candidate for Oakland City Council,  on April 15, 22 amd
23 as we walk the neighborhoods to promote Aimee's  candidacy to thousands of
voters!  This is a grassroots campaign  effort, so we need as many volunteers
as possible to get the word out about  Aimee.  Also, former Oakland City
Council member Wilson Riles will be  joining us for the 11:00 am shift on April 22
-- make a commitment to help  us out then, if you can!

Aimee is committed to:
* Advocating for a future for Oakland's  youth: resources for excellent
schools and after school programs, and job  and college placement opportunties;
* Creating economic development that lasts: balancing housing and  industrial
growth to create real economic development;
* Developing  affordable housing for working families: mandating the creation
of  affordable homes to help all Oakland residents;
* Making Oakland safer for all: demanding a responsive, accountable  police
force, directing resources to addressing violent crime, and  implementing
programs to address the root causes of violence in our  community.

Please confirm that you can join us.

For more info, or to RSVP, please call: (510) 986-1125.

For more info about Aimee Allison and the campaign, go to:
_www.aimeeallison.org_ (http://www.aimeeallison.org/)