[Sosfbay-discuss] Green Bikers

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 12 17:33:06 PDT 2006

Unlike the author of that particular letter, I don't see it as a choice
of either/or.  In other words, yes we need to improve our transit
system, and yes we need to improve our cycling system.  The cycling
part costs a mere pittance compared to the money spent on autos and
gets a very large 'bang for the buck'.  I still think about how in the
Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition we were fighting for the state and
county folks just to fullfill what they'd committed to (required by law
actually) to build up the cycling path beside 85 and how the squirreled
out of it as unfortunately happens so frequently.  Damn we would have
done well to turn to the Green Party to get some political muscle
behind it.  Still could.  The cycling community and SVBC could be
another source of Green Party recruits, especially if we can actually
get some changes effected.

A Million Votes for Peace,

Drew

JamBoi