[Sosfbay-discuss] minutes of 8-4-2006

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 14 12:22:11 PDT 2006

I had posted the minutes a week ago but do not find them
in my email boxes. Neither sent nor received. Thus, I post them again.

Green Party of Santa Clara County
Minutes of Monthly Meeting of Thursday August 3, 2006

Attendance 10. There were also 3 people who left before the meeting began.
The meeting itself had to move to an improvised nearby location.

Drew Johnson reported on the national meeting in Tucson. His(?)
presentations on
nonviolent communications went well.

Discussion of picnic led to setting a formal starting time of 12 noon.
Cameron and Warner to arrive early and secure picnic tables.
Lists of registered Greens were handed out. Phone calls to be made. Use
script
if needed.

Four persons indicated they would attend the September plenary:
Cameron, Warner, Drew,and Jim Stauffer.
The agenda packet is not yet ready. Those four will hold a meeting to
help develop our position on the proposals. They will announce the when
and where
of the meeting.

Discussion of Ballot Initiatives will be done on line.

Fred Duperrault volunteered to be this county’s contact person for the
Camejo campaign.

Tabling. Tabling needs: literature both new and old, buttons
$245 were pledged to fund literature, some of which was turned in
at the meeting.
Contact campaigns, ask for literature.

Some literature could and should be for or about the candidates as well as
positions on ballot initiatives.

Tabling locations and dates: primarily Tapestry Arts September 2, 3, and 4;
mention of San Jose State; Adobe event, if it comes to pass.

Newsletter: publish electronically. At least candidates and initiatives.
Depending on available funding, a printed form could be mailed.

Transfer of bank account to new treasurer: Tim A. will go to Adam’s house,
Gerry G. will contact the branch of the bank in his official capacity as
County council member, Jim D. to contact Eric M. so that Eric can
Personally sign papers for the transfer.
Additional possibilities were discussed.

Planning meeting report: short, main discussion was on initiating a
monthly forum
and combining the county council meeting with the business meeting. The
picnic and the phone banking were also discussed and furthered at the
planning meeting.

A proposal to cosponsor events jointly with PPJC and WILPF, one in September
and one in October, achieved consensus.
Dana will contact those organizations and notify them.

Next meeting: Cameron will come early and assure that the building will
be open.

Notes submitted by Jim Doyle 8-4-2006 and repeated 8-14-2006