[Sosfbay-discuss] All out attack on nature?

Bob Alavi baalavi at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 15 21:45:48 PDT 2006

I hope no one may find this thread offensive.  In the 21st century, [I hope] it may all be a legitimate matter of open debate.

  Then I have often wondered whether the pagans have been better stewards of nature's resources and gifts or the "people of the book".  [in spite of translation deficiencies]

  My honest best answer to this day has surprised myself ... and hopefully I will be learning more and attain a better understanding.

JamBoi <jamboi at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Despite whatever translation deficiencies the King James Version of the
bible has (quoted below) I'm quite certain the Almighty was not
requesting us to destroy the gift given to us of the planet. People
who twist G_d's gift into a mandate to rape, pillage and destroy are
not in touch with their Creator, I'm quite confident. The Dominionists
are not to be confused with those making an honest effort to connect
with G_d, Christ (ie. Christians), or any of the many other legitimate
faith traditions. Theirs is a malignant cancer upon the body of the
faithful.

A Million Votes for Peace!

Drew

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/060815/photos_wl_me_afp/3112a57a3d58e84c228f7f4df080034c

> Estimates have it by far worse than Exxon Valdez.
>
> At least Exxon was titularly found guilty and compelled to pay for
> cleanup and fines on top of it. Who shall raise a finger to the
> holier than thou?

JamBoi
Jammy The Sacred Cows Slayer

http://dailyJam.blogspot.com