[Sosfbay-discuss] Meeting tonight

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Thu Dec 7 09:40:56 PST 2006

I was just looking for something else in the SJ Mercury News editorials
today when I came accross an item of local interest.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/opinion/16167165.htm

The headline, "Decision on use of greenbelt will test power of
lobbyists" points to the key fact of local politics.  The development
lobby seems to have their way with almost all local planning, no matter
what staff might say.  This case is in the Almaden Valley area of San
Jose, but it could be in any of our communities.

Is this a GP-SCC issue?  Do we want to establish some involvement in
local politics? on not?

Not necessarily an agenda item, but something to think about.

--
Wes Rolley
17211 Quail Court

"Happiness is to be fully engaged in the activity that you believe in and, if you are very good at it, well that's a bonus." -- Henry Moore