[Sosfbay-discuss] auto industry

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 14 00:27:47 PST 2006

Excellent questions Jim.  And another place that the laisez faire types
just have no answer.  But we Greens can certainly recommend answers.
May I suggest that the GPUS Eco Action Committee would be a good place
to connect with to elicit a Green Party response?  If the committee
comes up with a press release we can put it out through the Media
Committee (which I serve on).

Here are the Eco Action Committee co-chairs:

Mike Ewall
catalyst at actionpa dot org
215-743-4884
Kristen Olson
kristenolson at mngreens dot org

Secretary
Deanna Taylor
deesings at xmission dot com

Green solidarity!

Drew

--- Jim Doyle <j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>  From an article by Jesse Jackson pointing out the
> decline of the auto industry.
>
> It asks questions.  Do we have the answers?

" Obviously, this crisis requires urgent, intense national action. Are
 we prepared to let the auto industry die? If not, what steps can be
taken to relieve the burdens of their health care and pension costs?
What should be expected from the automakers in return in terms of
investment, jobs guarantees, fuel efficiency and alternative-fuel cars?
What penalties or incentives should be provided to the oil industry to
force  proliferation of alternative-fuel pumps in gas stations? How
does all this fit into a concerted drive for energy independence?"

JamBoi
Jammy The Sacred Cow Slayer

http://dailyJam.blogspot.com