[Sosfbay-discuss] Fwd: Green Party Values--at a bank???

Tian Harter tnharter at ispwest.com
Fri Dec 15 11:44:14 PST 2006

What's a "community currency"? I had a Mexican 20 pesos
note in my wallet for a couple of weeks. Spending it had many
of the same challenges in it that spending some other community
currency had. I ended up getting a dozen eggs from it at a
Farmers Market.

I've met people that think a greenback working to aquire
something is proof the world works. I'm not so sure. I like to
ground my sense of reality by dropping a coin in a piggy bank
every now and then. One reason is that most of the communities
I consider myself to be part of have some respect for the laws of physics.
The sound of a coin landing is evidence that the laws of physics
work for me.

I'm going to use A California quarter to push the send button
for this post, and then drop it in my pink piggy bank. Please
notice that no laws were broken in the making of this post.

--
Tian
Latest change: Added 12 reasons to Impeach Bush.