[Sosfbay-discuss] Request for Agenda Items

Fred Duperrault fredd at freeshell.org
Sat Feb 4 18:22:18 PST 2006

SCC Green Friends,

I will probably be an hour or so late for the business meeting on
Tuesday.  The MVVP is presenting the MV City Council a proposal to allow
MVVP to place a memorial in the Civic Center Plaza to those who have
lost their lives in Iraq while serving the US military.  The memorial
would not be permanent but would be on display during the several days
marking the third anniversary of the beginning of the
invasion-occupation of Iraq.
Karen Meredeth has been the leading the way in this request.

Because we want to show great support for this request, we need as many
speakers and supportive individuals to be present when it comes time for
the speaking. That is why I'll be late for the GP meeting.  I want to be
there.

I do, however, wish to make a proposal to schedule Peter Drekmeier as a
speaker during our March meeting.  He will tell of the urgency of why
the "SCC Open Space Initiative" should be adopted by the electorate in
November.  He will also suggest strategies on how we GP members can be
major players in its success. The necessary petition will be one of them.

Please put this item near the end of the agenda.

Thanks,

Fred Duperrault

Please submit your agenda items for Tuesday's meeting.

Thanks,

Gerry