[Sosfbay-discuss] Appeal from HC4A for 2006

Andrea Dorey andid at cagreens.org
Mon Feb 13 09:31:34 PST 2006

FYI.  A clipping from Health Care 4 All's latest email, enclosed within
the ***.

Note paragraph 4.  Now is the time for all good [people] to come to the
aid of THEIR party!  They have carried the heavy water for us on this
issue—I just hope that we the Green Party can muster the strength and
cooperation to support HC4A in their unrelenting effort to make health
care accessible to each and every resident of California.
Andrea

*****************
Happy New Year! As we carry on our work to establish universal health
care in California, it is clear that 2006 will be a very important
year.  The campaign is gaining momentum, both in Sacramento and
throughout the state.

We have seen great progress in building a network of grassroots
community support, and in fostering awareness here in Sacramento about
the need for universal health care.  The 300 organizations and
thousands of individual supporters who have endorsed SB 840 have done
an excellent job at keeping CHIRA on the radar screen at the capitol.
However, legislators need to see this level of support coming from
their own districts.  This is our task for 2006.

Last year, SB 840 passed three important Senate committees before it
was approved on the Senate Floor; it then ended the year with a key
victory in the Assembly Health Committee.  Our goal in 2006 is nothing
short of moving SB 840 to the Governor’s desk. This is no small task
because the lowest hurdles have already been cleared.

To do this, it is critical that supporters think creatively and
collaboratively about ways to build deep-rooted support in their
community and convey this effectively to their elected
representatives.  To participate in this growing network of active
supporters, get in touch with your regional president of Health Care
for All by visiting www.healthcareforall.org. If you are a physician,
contact the California Physicians Alliance (CaPA) by emailing
capa at jps.net. Additionally, if you belong to another organization
endorsing SB 840 (see attached endorsement list [not included in this
clipping, ALD]), their leadership can often help you plug into work
happening around the state....

Andrea Dorey
Santa Clara County Green Party
408-306-1900  (cell phone: short messages please)

Chinese Proverbs:
"Serving the powerful is like sleeping with a tiger."
	and
"It is difficult to get off a tiger's back."